- No entries found
- Team of diabetic students working to cure diabetes May 27, 2015Four of the students in professor Jeffery Tessem’s nutritional science lab have Type 1 diabetes, the genetic version of the condition that is unrelated to diet and lifestyle. The team is investigating the molecular pathways that can activate insulin-producing beta cells.
- Five of the coolest, most successful BYU inventions of this year May 14, 2015With the help from the Technology Transfer Office, intellectual property from faculty discoveries are licensed to interested companies or spun out as a new ventures led by professors themselves. Here are five of the newest and most exciting products to come out of BYU in the last year.
- Chefs impressed by computer-generated cookbook May 12, 2015The midterm exam tasted awful, but the final exam had everyone calling for a second helping. Professor Dan Ventura's class created an artificial intelligence program that generates some surprisingly good crockpot recipes. Watch two teams of dietetics students and Liz Edmunds (The Food Nanny) put the recipes to the test. Then try one of the recipes at h […]
- Explore space at BYU’s Astrofest event May 6, 2015BYU’s Eyring Science Center transforms into a space exploration center featuring launching rockets, flames and explosions at Astrofest, a family astronomy event on Saturday, May 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Calling all budding scientists: BYU to host third annual Chem Open Lab Day May 5, 2015Calling all budding scientists—this year’s BYU Chem Open Lab Day will give you the perfect excuse to set off some explosives. And learn something about chemistry along the way.
- Late-night snacking: Is it your brain's fault? May 5, 2015In a newly published study, exercise sciences professors and a neuroscientist at BYU used MRI to measure how people’s brains respond to high and low-calorie food images at different times of the day.
- Team of diabetic students working to cure diabetes May 27, 2015
Joseph Smith, Prophet of God (1805 - 1844)
- Brian ShirtsMy religious faith parallels my faith in evolutionary principles; they are both beliefs based on study paired with longitudinal experience. ...[more] […]
- Bruce L. BrownTruly the scriptural record of the promised Messiah and of the prophets who have testified of him is the greatest story ever told. There is much joy in striving to follow the Savior through following his living prophet. ...[more] […]
- Stephen C. YancharWhat invited me to study the gospel was this deep desire to know the truth. There were some days, when I was in college and graduate school, that I couldn’t stand not knowing the meaning of life. ...[more]
- Frank McIntyreWhen faced with a variety of possible ways that one can explain the world, we have preferences over which one we accept. We have a choice to believe. So given that choice, I choose to believe. ...[more] […]
- Brian Shirts
- Thy Kingdom Come"As we are spiritually awake and alert, we see His hand across the world and we see His hand in our own personal lives." —Neil. L. Andersen, "Thy Kingdom Come"Topics: Savior
- The Gift of Grace"God loves us deeply, perfectly, and everlastingly." —Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Gift of Grace"Topics: Savior
- Blessings of the Temple"In the temple we can find peace. The blessings of the temple are priceless." —Thomas S. Monson, "Blessings of the Temple"Topics: Peace
- Truly Good and Without Guile"The good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ is that the desires of our hearts can be transformed." —Michael T. Ringwood, "Truly Good and Without Guile"Topics: Change
- The Lord Is My Light"We can thrive and bloom if we are rooted in our love of the Savior and humbly follow His teachings." —Quentin L. Cook, "The Lord Is My Light"Topics: Savior
- Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying"God cares a lot more about who we are and who we are becoming than about who we once were." —Dale G. Renlund, "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying"Topics: Change
- The Music of the Gospel"If you’re not hearing the music of the gospel in your home, please remember these two words: keep practicing." —Wilford W. Andersen, "The Music of the Gospel"Topics: Change
- Thy Kingdom Come
Book of MormonBook of Mormon Commentary is designed to assist teachers and students of the gospel. The format is set up to provide more information on the most important topics in any given chapter of scripture. Specific quotes from the General Authorities are given to confirm the validity of the doctrine being taught and to provide good quotes for use in classes and talks.
- Elder Oaks Shares Missionary Assignment Process May 28, 2015 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Elder Cook Calls for Global Effort to Protect Faith and Religious Freedom May 27, 2015 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Elder Oaks Shares Missionary Assignment Process May 28, 2015SALT LAKE CITY | Thursday, 28 May 2015 | […]The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Elder Cook Calls for Global Effort to
Protect Faith and Religious Freedom May 27, 2015SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints took the Church’s effort to protect and strengthen religious freedom to a global audience Wednesday. […]The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015SALT LAKE CITY | Friday, 22 May 2015 | Many families in the United States will travel to cemeteries across the country this Memorial Day weekend to remember their ancestors, including war veterans and other loved ones.The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015SALT LAKE CITY | Friday, 22 May 2015 | MormonNewsroom.org features stories from its international Newsroom websites to share what leaders and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints around the world are doing to better the communities in which they live.The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Elder Oaks Shares Missionary Assignment Process May 28, 2015